The Shadow of the Colossus

There is no other game I have ever played which made me feel the way Shadow of the Colossus does. The attachment I have to this game means that I will probably play it for the rest of my life.

Released onto the PS2 in 2005, I remember the first time I heard of this game. I am an avid reader of Edge magazine and the review gave it nine out of ten, which in Edge is a very high score indeed. Rarely do games get a score as high, indeed only Ico beat it with a perfect score of ten out of ten. I read the review with great interest and after reading it I hatched a plan to get a copy as soon as possible.

After two and a half years of playing SOTC I finally completed it for the ninth time. Even though I have played it so much and for so long it still surprises me every-time I pick up the joypad. The last thing it taught me was that patting Agro recharges your stamina quicker.

For me it’s the tiny details and minor touches that make a game uniquely playable and enjoyable. SOTC has never let me down and will continue to be regarded by myself as one of the greatest pixellated adventures you can buy.



Related Links
Shadow of the Colossus

No comments: