The Giants Cradle

Shadow of the Colossus is a huge game. The vastness of the open plains, the towering cliffs and the tall ruins make exploring the landscape a real challenge and one which I relish. If you’ve ever explored the landscape as I have, looking for white lizard tails and fruit trees, you will have found plenty of hidden nooks and crannies. I love finding new areas for myself and Agro to traverse and navigate through and sometimes we even get completely lost making the journey even more ‘fun.’ Exploring the southern eastern area you will find a huge dessert, a lonely fruit tree silhouetted against the sea, an oasis containing a lake with fish and a huge cave full of lizards.


Some of the best locations are to be found along the cliff walls, simply choose a cliff and follow it. There’s even a secret beach at the bottom of a cliff on the southern side. There are still a few areas I haven’t explored simply because I went left instead of right that time and I haven’t been back there yet. I love the contrast between some of the areas, the lush dark forests hidden over the north eastern bridge or the narrow cliff path snaking its way toward the thundering waterfall. Each location feels as accomplished as the next and each have their own unique feeling and purpose. Exploring the landscape sometimes feels like climbing a giant colossus and one can only wish, after 3 years of wandering, that the landscape went on forever.

There is one area of the map that is clouded, permanently inaccessible by traditional methods. Even grabbing a ride on a hawk does not permit access to this area. The north eastern part of the map is completely unreachable and to this day I am yet to find a path through to its secrets...

No comments: