Flu

Once upon a time there was Ico; a game largely ignored by the gaming masses despite critical acclaim. Then there was Shadow of the Colossus; a game entertained by some of the gaming masses despite critical acclaim. With the advent of 2010 the next delight to emerge from Team ICO will be The Last Guardian, a game surely to be largely bought by the gaming masses as well as enjoy critical acclaim.

TLG is something of a disease. Ever since I was ‘infected’ with the knowledge of it’s development, my appetite for information, screenshots or videos of the game has increased over time. My ailments include saving for a PS3, writing this blog and playing Ico and SotC endlessly as well as trawling the internet for morsels of info. The prognosis is looking promising however. I simply need a dosage of TLG, but for this treatment to commence I will have to wait, and then wait some more until the game is finally released in the UK.

Although my disease is treatable the side effects of treatment can be substantial. A total loss of social life is expected as well as the inability to track time accurately. Thankfully I may just manage to consume food and drink to keep me alive but a total loss of sleep is almost certain.

So a great start to the year is expected, obviously you can tell that from my tone. I trust I will be fine so long as TLG is released before I eat my joypad.

Have a great new year…

No comments: